Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Kia Ora Whanau!
Kei te pehea koe? It's been a month since I last wrote... but this week was the most busiest, miraculous yet stressful week ever!!!! So I couldn't NOT write about it. And it's long....

My companion and I are STL in the Tauranga zone and for some crazy reason, we thought it was okay to go on 12/24 hr exchanges with the Greerton and the Fairy Spring Rotorua sisters, the same week of Kirara's and Quinton's baptism.... but as you know, anything is possible with the Lord ;) . Hahaha anyways, But I loved witnessing miracles on exchanges. And exactly a year ago, I went on exchanges in Rotorua and I met this lady who was in a really bad accident. She was bed ridden for a time and we would visit and read the Book of Mormon with her. I found out that her partners son was married to my aunty. And now exactly a year later, I visited her again and she was walking and in good shape! It was a joyful reunion and I'm so glad she remembered me. We found a new person to teach too! Then after Rotorua exchanges we went straightway to Greerton sisters. Oh, Sister Fineanganofo was in a trio with us but when new missionaries came (new reassigned missionaries have been coming every week ) she moved to Greerton. So on exchanges, she came with me back to Welcome bay. We had our last lesson with Quinton on his porch, and in the beginning his friend walked up and sat in and said "Hello ladies, may I sit in and listen too?" And so of course, the more the merrier. We went over the Restoration again and gave the Book of Mormon to his friend. Quinton also helped explain things which i am so proud of :")  afterwards we had our usual dinner with the Wiperi whanau♡

On June 20, 2020 Kirara and Quinton were baptized at 6pm ♡♡♡ Kirara is that little girl from the Kiribati family I wrote about in the previous letter. She is my new baby sis and I can't imagine my life without them. She is so giving to her Savior Jesus Christ, when we taught her the law of tithing I said, "Heavenly Father has given us so many things. He has given you your family, this earth, your home, food, everything! In return, He asks for help to spread His gospel and one of the ways we can do that is through tithing." And Kirara with her big eyes said, "I WILL GIVE HIM ALL MY MONEY" hahaha we laughed and said He only asks for 10% and she said "That's so small??" Haha soon she will be thinking the opposite... but I love her pure heart. I was also stressing out about her baptism and she noticed and said, "Don't worry. Remember what you told me? Anything is possible through Christ." Haha that was a slap in the face but I was also so proud of her. It just showed how much more faith she had than me haha♡

I get emotional as I think about the Lord giving me a second chance to stay. I only had 3 months left at the time I almost flew back home. But He allowed me to stay, and this week I found the reason 'why'. Kirara and Quinton are my 'why'. I love them so much, and I'm full of thanks for my God who trusted me enough to teach them. Their baptism was beautiful. I will never forget!

This week we also found 6 new people all in the Tongan ward, and they all came to church too! My companion is a trooper for leading those lessons in Tongan, I only know how to bear my testimony but I will add in sometimes and my companion will translate. We had a powerful lesson with Sione, the Restoration is my favorite lesson to teach because the spirit is the strongest as it confirms the truth about the Restored gospel through Joseph Smith.

Anyways, thats enough for now. Also thank you grandpa and aunty for the package! I love yous so much! Laue tohi tapu pea ke lotu ma'u pe, pea ke o tupu! Pea ke kai vegtabolo pea ke o tupu! Hehe siasi mo'oni.

Ofa Atu!
Sister Wihongi