Kia Ora!
We practiced doing some proselyting for one day this week. We were given a new companion who’s already been out in the field to teach us the ropes. My companion was from Fiji, Sister Ferguson. She is quiet and meek, but her actions are extremely bold.
We went out tracting in Mangere. We were Just wandering around streets, not knowing where to go and I said a prayer “Dear Heavenly Father, please guide me to a home to someone who is prepared to hear the gospel.” And as soon as I opened my eyes and looked up, I saw a house with orange flowers. My favorite color. The house was sort of far and on a street that we were going to pass and ignore. But the house stood out to me for a reason, so I told Sister Ferguson that we should go to that house.
We knocked and no one answered. We knocked again, this time louder and longer, but it looked like no one was home. So we turned around and started walking back. I was confused and wondered why I had a prompting to go to this house. I kept having the feeling to go back and check one more time, but I didn’t want to bother my companion about this. We went a little ways until I noticed I dropped my cardigan! So we retraced our steps and my cardigan was in the driveway of the orange flower house. And as soon as I picked it up, a girl opened the window and waved to us! And then she opened the front door! Turns out she was sleeping and that’s why the house looked empty. We spoke to her, and found out that she’s not a member but has a lot of member friends who talk to her sometimes about the church. We then gave her a Book of Mormon and she was excited and said “I can have this?! I can show my friends that I have a book now!”
The girls name was Khaelee, and she was definitely prepared to hear more about the gospel. It’s amazing to know that Heavenly Father didn’t give up on Khaelee so easily, that he made me drop my cardigan on accident in her driveway. This was also a lesson for me to always listen to the spirit and to not be afraid to go back. Next time, there won’t be a cardigan miracle. Heavenly Father ALWAYS answers your prayers. Always. If you continue to put your faith and trust in Him. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
Next email, I’ll be in Hamilton! Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi