Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, February 3, 2019

This week Sister Toi and I went to drop off some bread to a lady. She wasn't home but her husband answered the door instead. We started talking to him casually about religion, nothing too deep. And then he started asking questions like "Why are there so many churches?" And "How do you know which one is true?" Etc.. Do those questions remind you of anyone? And what surprised us even more was that he also said, "If there was another book just like the bible, I'd read it. Just to know more about Christ." You probably know what went down next. We told him, "We have the answers to all those questions... and guess what? we have a book too!" Haha I wish you could have seen his face as we told him why there were so many churches, and how there was a boy who had the exact same questions he had, his name was Joseph Smith. It was beautiful! We left with our testimonies and the Book of Mormon. Haha our first intention was to give them bread but we left the Book of Mormon instead. He didn't want the bread. I know that this is the only true church and it was restored through JosephSmith. The Book Of Mormon is here to fulfill the gospel. I want you to ponder: why is the Book of Mormon is so important? Find out.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi

Grace is getting baptized this Friday 2/8/19! She was the elders investigator but they handed her to us to teach.

Had comp study at the lake front.

For Pday, we went to the Redwoods in Rotorua.

Mina ran into an old friend of the family, Tomasina Garisau who used to live in Temple View and now lives in Tokoroa. She messaged Jody (Mina's Uncle) on Facebook.

"Hey Jody. I met this beautiful Sister missionary today at our stake raft race at Kinloch (near Taupo). We are in the same Stake. I had a good chat with her. I went to give her a bag of snacks but they had left our activity early. She’s doing great!"