I am going to be a little vulnerable and let you read my letter to President this week. (Is it because I'm too lazy to write a new letter? Maybe🤔..) but the experience i felt in the letter was a big one for me. And also, this will show you what i really feel at times which you don't really get to hear haha. But overall, I love my Father in Heaven and my Elder Brother Jesus Christ. Anyways, here it goes...
"Kia Ora president.
The highlight of this week was Exchanges. It was so cool being able to serve a bit in Temple View. I liked knowing more about my family connections, and for some reason it feels less scary talking to them. The sisters have a good connection with the members there and they get heaps of referrals too. What was cool was that i even got a referral to visit in my area from a member in temple view. Sister so-and-so was not feeling well at that time and we could only do so much, but it was nice to see the Sisters work hard and push each other to do better. They are awesome sisters. And i really really love Temple View.
This week we mostly worked in Tuhikaramea ward and visiting less actives. We noticed that we needed more people to teach in Bremworth park so we did some finding there the other day. We knocked on many doors and no new people, i was kind of getting sad and i usually dont feel this way, I'm used to not having much success in doorknocking but i guess i got extra discouraged. That night we had mcm meeting in bremworth park and i was worried and felt shameful that we had not much to report because we didnt find new people even though we tried our best. On the way to the chapel to the meeting, a random man stopped his car and said "this is for you sisters!" And drove off. He handed us a warm fresh loaf of maori bread and i nearly cried right there. I felt Heavenly Father's love and comfort through this act of kindness, letting us know that we have done our part even when no one wanted to hear our message. I get emotional thinking about it. Anyways, i felt better and felt less shame going to mcm after that.
President, I'm not going to lie, it was a hard week. My motivation went down a lot but it's the tender mercies like the bread that gets me going again. I hate to admit this but i think i am getting trunky. After sending my last companion home and now being with a homesick companion, i think it's rubbing off on me. Help me!!! Haha but you don't have to worry, i am going to rely extra on my Savior and His wonderful Atonement. I know this is His work and He is helping me along the way. I don't want to let Him, you, or my family down. I love you all so much. There are so many people wandering in the wilderness, and I need to help them cling on to the iron rod that they may partake of the fruit and feel God's love. Thank you President♡
Ofa Atu,
Sister Wihongi
![]() |
| Shirley Ferguson |



