Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Kia Ora Whanau!
It was quite an eventful week. I feel like each week is getting busier and busier. Here are some Highlights:

- At the start of this week I went out with the Temple View sisters to help them teach a young single adult, she is so sweet and I know she will be baptized. She just has to overcome some word of wisdom things. But I loved teaching her and seeing her teach a friend she invited to the lessons! ♡
- We had Zone Conference with Elder Yamashita of the seventy!!! He is so cute and his wife, it was the funnest and funniest Zone conference ever. We did origami and made a mouth to remind us that we need to open our mouths and talk to as many people everyday😂  They told us a story of a Sister who served in Japan in the 80's and she baptized 300 people because of her faith in God. Heck, I am so using more of my faith and putting it to action.
- at the beginning of the week, we committed to finding 2 new people to teach within the next 7 days. After a week of knocking on doors and hopeless finding, on the very last day at night, we went to go back to a house we knocked on a couple weeks before. They are from Afghanistan and the first time we met, they didn't let us in. It was a teenage girl and we remember she told us her birthday was on the 12th (Sunday!) So we went back with a wrapped Book of Mormon and chocolate to wish her happy birthday. She invited us inside and her two brothers were there with us and she opened her gift and asked "What is this book about?" We were able to give her a brief summary and bear our testimonies. All three of them asked us many questions and they are so sweet! We love them so much and we will see them again. I was in awe that we were able to find 3 beautiful souls to teach and help them come closer to Christ.
I know God Lives and this is His work. Families can be together forever and we are loved no matter what. Our Savior's arms are always opened to embrace you♡

Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi

Oh and last week for Pday we went hiking up to Wairere Falls. It was crazy fun! I'll send pics in a separate email

Photos
1-3. Top of waiters falls with the district
4-5. Zone conference, with the sisters. And one pic with our district leader Elder Haycock (and sister fonua posing in the background)
6. Some Lu and fish and Tongan food
7-8. I totally forgot to mention the most important thing in my last email. Hoera was baptized!!! It was such a sweet baptism and he is a gentle giant in a little 10 yr old body. He was also baptized with his Sister. The Heke family are beautiful,  I love them dearly.