Sorry for the absent these past 3 weeks.... but... now I'm in HUNTLY! Huntly is known for being the "dodgy-est" area because it's filled with gangs. It gets sketchy sometimes Haha. New area with a new companion, and honestly, its been the busiest and the funnest time ever. I have typed out notes here and there on my phone to remember some things in my time here but I just haven't gotten to email them. I'm the worst. Anyways, here are some of the notes, and the longest email you'll see...
We have been knocking on more than 8 doors a day, we found surprisingly a lot of people from this. We had a missionary fireside and no one we invited came. We sang hymn 26 Joseph Smith's First Prayer , to the tune of come thou fount & recited the first vision in verse 3 while we hummed in the bachground. It was a shame not many came but Ngarowahia elders brought an investigator. We had our first missionary sports night on friday and brought floats, heaps of people came and a few nonmembers. We didn't expect that much so it was an awesome turn out. The Elders shared a message while we conducted, next week will be our turn to share the message. It makes it easier for us to invite the nonmembers to church.
Zone conference was awesome, I made a commitment to get rid of much distractions as I can. So many miracles started happening then. ONE of them is that a investigator came to church today and it is very rare for him to come. And we had a family home evening with him the next day and it was filled with the spirit. My testimony in obedience and our Savior's Atonement has strengthened so much this transfer.
Tuesday 18 feb
We went doorknocking +15 houses today. First few werent good, then we met a less active/partmember family. then we went out to go doorknocking down Webb st (one of the most dangerous streets in NZ) at like 7pm. We were knocking on houses and we past a house that had a mean looking dog outside (and we have to be careful with dogs, there are a lot of stray mean ones that will bite) but i felt prompted to knock on the door. The dog ended up being so sweet haha and then the lady at the door was so nice and told us we can come back. That was a cool experience of listening to the Holy Ghost. I need to remember these simple experiences. I wonder what would have happened if we never knocked on her door. Also a random note, crickets are infesting our flat. There are flying crickets and non flying crickets. They look like frogs or fish flopping around.
One day, We taught a young man who wants a relationship with Christ but is involved with gangs #Crip. He is genuinely a good person but the adversary tries to convince him otherwise. We invited him to church.
Overall, so many people to teach. I love being here and i Know with my whole soul that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and through him, Christ's church was restored. I feel the spirit confirm to me everyday that this is true.
Ofa Lahi Atu,
Sister Wihongi
![]() |
| This is Sister Masima! I am follow-up training but sometimes it feels like she is training me haha i love her so much. She is a Tongan from Australia. She has a big heart and gives the best advice. |






