Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, March 10, 2019

This week has been one of my favorites of all time. We worked a lot and taught a lot. We went to Turangi to teach RangiMarie a lesson. She is a girl our age and really wants to learn about our church. Her mum is a member but has fallen back to Ratana/Maori beliefs and doesn't come to our church anymore. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and even gave her a baptismal invitation. She said she will get baptized when she receives an answer. We told her she will definitely receive an answer from Heavenly Father if she continues reading the Book of Mormon and praying and asking!
In Taupo, we are also teaching Sue Wikohika, she was baptized when she was very young but didn't understand anything, i mean Anything, about the church because she was deaf. She couldn't here anything about the gospel and didn't understand a lot of it and has been inactive a bit because of it. But she was able to SEE how it blesses others, especially through her nephews. She now has hearing aids and is loving to learn more about the gospel. She soaks everything in.

We are now staying with the Senior Couple in Turangi 3 days a week, and then we come back to Taupo the rest of the week! President has saw how much we've been helping Turangi region (it's a 45 min drive from taupo) each week, that he has decided that we can just stay with them.
I love you all!

Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi