Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, May 12, 2019

This week was overall spiritual and filled with miracles and tender mercies. Here are my favorites.

Miracle: Priesthood Blessings
When we arrived for our lesson with Sela, she was very distraught and stressed. She's been wanting to be baptized but she had to marry her less active partner first. But she doesn't want to marry him if he doesn't have a change of heart to live the gospel again. She was crying and saying "what should I do? What do I do?!" We then asked her if she should like a priesthood blessing. she agreed to it. The Elders then came to give her the blessing and she it was her first time experiencing this sort of thing. It was very powerful. The Elders left right after and we sat down with her. Her facial expression changed immediately. As we sat there letting her think, we can just see the cloudiness and stress just fade away. She looked at us and said, "I know what I have to do now." My companion and I were shocked and amazed! She is now set for baptism for the 1st of June. She is going to have the bishop marry her and her partner, and she will continue setting the example for him in Hope's that one day he will follow. I thanked Heavenly Father for giving her a clear mind and comforting her at this time! Glory to God! Heavenly Father needs worthy Priesthood holders to help him perform miracles and to help His children on Earth.

Tender Mercy: Hymn 193
I had to give a talk this Sunday and I can never get used to the nervousness that I get before public speaking. As always, during sacrament I said a little prayer to help me calm my nerves. And it turned out that one of the hymns we sang before my talk was Hymn 193, I Stand All Amazed . This is my favorite hymn. It was sung at my farewell, in the MTC before I gave a talk, and this Sunday before I gave a talk again. It's amazing to know that my Father in Heaven knows me so personally that he comforts me in this way. All my anxious feelings melt away as we sing about the love our Savior has for us. I knows He knows each and every one of you. He knows your likes, dislikes, desires, every single detail! I know He Lives! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi