We had a cool and funny experience. We invited an inactive member to a Fireside on Temple/Family History work earlier this week. He didn't look interested when we extended the invitation but an hour before the Fireside, he called us and asked what the address was! He even said that his girlfriend would be joining too. He arrived, and I felt terrible at first. He said "... Where's the fire? And roasting sticks?" And he was sincere and confused when he saw a choir and speakers up at the pulpit, people dressed up in church clothes, and pamphlets. But I was excited for him to be there with us. We sat next to them and I was pleading to Heavenly Father that he and his girlfriend would feel the spirit at this Fireside. Whanau, it was a loooong 2 hours of pleading.very long. And many of the speakers would speak about things that would just fly over their head. But at the end, they thanked us and they enjoyed it. They were lovely. It turns out that he was baptized as a child and never came to this church after that. He was even baptized in a Pentecostal and another Christian church. We will be seeing him again.
We did a lot of finding this week. A lot! But had no success as New people wise. There was a day when we walked from one end of our area to the other end. I got blisters but we met a whole lot of people. We met someone and asked for missionaries to share a message with him and his family because he lives in Chartwell and he accepted. We had our finding fast and we knocked in many doors. During the last hour, we took a ukulele with us just to lighten the moods for people when they answer the door in the dark. We didn't have much success until around 8:30. We knocked and asked if we could share a song and a message. We met Sandy. And the first thing she ever said to us was "You know, today was one of the worst days of my life. I just arrived here at my friend's house one minute ago, crying and having an awful day. And it seems like every single time I feel sad, Christian's show up out of no where." We told her "God is really looking out for you. These are not coincidences!" we sang her a song and prayed for her and taught God is our Loving Heavenly Father. She is from the Sikh religion. A very kind lady. She is in the middle of finding a house and jumping from place to place so it'll be hard to catch her. But we are hoping things will settle down for us to have a lesson.
We taught the Raj's again. They are amazing and I love them so much. It's a 16 yr old girl and a 12 yr old boy. They have been set for baptism before but the father didn't approve. Please pray for them. And for a heart to soften. There's a lot I learned from these experiences but I'll leave it up to you to see what you learn from them. I love you and I love my Savior and Lord.
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi

