Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Kia Ora Whanau!

It has been an eventful week
We had exchanges and Sister Low and I were in Chartwell. Sister Low told me about all the appointments we had but when we got to them, they all fell through. Not knowing what to do or where to go finding, Sister Low suggested that we say a prayer and ask God what we should do for the hour that we had left. I said the prayer and asked for a specific name of a person or a street. After finishing, we sat there for a few seconds and the name Michael came to my head and I remember seeing a Michael street somewhere in Hamilton. I told Sister Low, "Is there a Michael street somewhere?" And she said "No. But there's a Michael! We usually just do service for him but haven't introduced the gospel formally yet!" So we ended up going to see Michael. He just got home from the mall and we caught him sitting in his car. He was a bright and joyful man! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he was really receiving. He even mentioned if they could come and study a chapter with him sometime. That was our miracle on exchanges. If you ask God a specific question, He will give you specific answers.

We met a lot of people this week because of not having a car (it broke down in Paeroa last Monday, sorry President :( ...) but walking has been awesome, we invited a lot of people to our ward activity. Met a Filipino family that just moved in a month ago. We invited them and gave a pass along card. They said they always see missionaries back in the Philippines from our church.

We had a ward member pass away from cancer this weekend. It was a young husband to our Young Women's President. He has two kids, a 9 yr old and a 13 yr old. His name is Rawz Pahuru. We straightway biked to our chapel and helped make the kai for the service. I met a lady there named Mel, she is a new mother. She brought her 4 month old baby. She came alone which was nice because when quickly formed a bond and she stayed with us the whole night. She's a nonmember and stays with her partner. She was very sweet we were able to give her our number on a pass along card. The service was beautiful and the spirit was so strong. We sang the church College Missionary Medley.

It was Diwali!!!
We celebrated with the family whose kids we are teaching. The Raj's invited us to Diwali, which is an Indian Festival of Lights holiday. The family dressed up so beautifully! And we are many delicious homemade Indian sweets and food! We also met a friend of their's that we gave a pass along card to and invited him to our Ward's Trunk or Treat! He's coming! We love the Raj's so much and their kids are so amazing and shine so much light!

Apparently, a famous Rugby League star came to our sacrament this Sunday. Will Hopoate. Also, the streets bled red as the Tongans won a game I believe. Ma te Ma'a Tonga! Poor All Blacks though. Anyways,  Heavenly Father answers prayers and He is truly a God of Miracles. I know that, I've witnessed it many times that I cannot deny it. Christ lives and His Atonement has given me strength and comfort everyday. This church is True.
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi