Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Bremworth Park and Tuhikaramea Wards, Hamilton

Kia Ora Whanau!
I sadly left Pukete ward and moved to Tuhikaramea!! I cover two wards now, Tuhikaramea and Bremworth Park. I have a new companion who is so hilarious and loving. Her name is Sister Perry and she is a loud, tall, tahitian beauty. Our double covers are the AP's (Assistants to the President) and I've never had so much fun while doing so much hard work, and I've only been here for about 5 days!
But I'm sad to leave Pukete, it was a great ward and we started having a lot of people to teach the last couple weeks there so when we heard the news that they are taking sisters out of Pukete again, I was a little upset and sad (that was the natural man's reaction lol) But now I know that they are in the Lord's hands now and He loves them beyond comprehension so I trust Him through these changes. It was sad to leave my little trainee too, Sister Raymond is amazing and I love her so much! Is this what it feels like letting go of your own daughter and watching her be free? Haha It's sad but exciting at the same time.
The first day in the area, actually within 10 minutes of arriving at the Tuhikaramea flat, the Assistants called us and said they need us to teach someone right then and there because there was a house that had no males and they couldn't enter. So I dropped off my suitcases and Sister Perry and I had our first teaching lesson together. It was amazing and two girls our age are wanting to strengthen there relationship with Christ. We are seeing them again this week.
I want to tell you more about my blunt and outgoing companion. We were contacting people on our ward list, and we came to a house with a big windowy screen door. Sister Perry's knocks match her personality. They are LOUD and obnoxious, but I love it so much. Anyways, after pounding on the door twice, we saw a woman in the home walk into the front room, stared at us for about 10 seconds, and then she just turned around and walked away. Clearly uninterested. So, like any normal missionary at this point, I started to turn around and carry on to the next house on the list but then I heard the thick tahitian (french) accent say, "OH NUH AH! SHE IS GOING TO HAVE TO SAY NO TO MY FACE! *POUND POUND POUND* LADY! DON"T IGNORE US! WE SAW YOU" I was just cracking up laughing and in shock of how bold my companion is. But the lady never came even though her screen door nearly cracked from the knocking. Haha. My companion is very good at connecting with people, we will visit less actives for the first time and she will act like they've been friends forever. Sister Perry finishes her mission at the end of this transfer.
I also went on a mini exchange and I was with a sister and an investigator who both spoke spanish. I was just there to testify and read the Book of Mormon. But the spirit was really strong even though I didn't understand some of it. The gospel is true and gives so much Peace. Trust in our Lord. He Lives!
Ofa Atu,
Sister Wihongi