Kia Ora Whanau!
This week we focused finding through the Ward List. We also had set 2 Family Home Evenings (We taught the Plan of Salvation) with less active families that had unbaptized children. They both went very well, and they want us to come back and keep teaching. It's been awesome because we know that the parents are learning and feeling the spirit as we are teaching simply to their children. One of the Family Home Evenings actually became more of a lesson for the parents, the kids soon became bored because of all the questions the father was asking. But it was a great time to bear testimony of Christ's Atonement and that it's never too late to make a change and come unto Him. And that they can make it to the Celestial Kingdom. We can't wait to see the families again this week!
We went to go see a mother who just had a baby. She's a member and has a strong belief in God and Jesus Christ but hasn't been coming to church for a long time because her Husband is having a faith crisis. He saw something about aliens on the internet and has become confused ever since. He said he would pray to God asking if aliens are true and never got his answer, and now he is questioning if there is a God. He was very honest with us and we were able to commit him to pray and know if God is real and to forget about aliens for a second. We ended up singing I am a Child of God to them as their 3 yr old boy was dancing gracefully to it. The mother felt the spirit and was crying, and we believe the father was also. We left immediately after that. Hopefully they will ponder as the spirit was there.
We meet new friend named Sandy. We actually found her from the finding fast! We were planning to teach her the Restoration and invite her to church. She mentioned her friend would join us, so we were excited. It turned out that her friend was also Christian but he started telling us how our beliefs are wrong and we are prideful. And telling us that Joseph Smith is a false Prophet & that adding to the Bible is a sin (He just made a lot of false assumptions). The spirit was not there and it was a little awkward. But then I started talking to Him about our similarities and how Jesus Christ is the center of our message. As we talked about our Savior, the spirit came back. While I was talking to him, Sister Raymond was talking quietly to Sandy and teaching her. Really, I was distracting him while my companion was having the lesson with Sandy. There was s point We all got on the subject to how we came to know these things are true. We read Moroni 10:3-5, and her friend agreed to the scripture! We are seeing Sandy again to have a proper lesson. Her friend won't be there again though....
I know this church is true! Not because I was raised in this belief, but because I prayed and asked God with Real intent if these things are true. "Real intent" meaning I wasn't praying to know the truth because that's what we are told to do, I wasn't praying just out of obedience, I was praying to sincerely know. And by the power of the Holy Ghost, it was revealed unto me. I love you family! Christ Lives!
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi
Scripture of the week: Alma 30:44
"The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and call things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."





