Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Kia Ora Whanau!
We had a Triward Trunk or Treat and it was a Success!
Sister Raymond and I came up with the idea of doing a "Good Better Best" theme for our Trunk with our district. We had a sign that said:
"Choose your -Trick- for missionary work and get a -Treat- !"
Then we listed "Good" ways to do missionary work such as telling someone you're a member of this church or hand out a pass along cards. If they did one of missionary tricks in the Good section, they'd get a candy.
Then there was the "Better" ways such as inviting a friend over for FHE or give our number to a friend. If they did a missionary trick in the Better section, they would get a cookie!
Lastly, the "Better" ways such as giving out a Book of Mormon, giving us a referral, or inviting a friend to church. If they did a Best option, they would get to smash a pie in a missionaries face. It was fun and busier than expected!! 12 Book of Mormons were handed out that night. And a lot of cookies and candy. I got a pie in my face and there was an Elder in our district who got 5 pies in his face. I've never seen so much enthusiasm and hype to do missionary work from little kids just so they can splatter whip cream all over us. The things missionaries do for referrals... haha! We even had someone we are teaching come! It was great! President Golder was able to talk to our friend and even shared his small testimony that was needed. Thankful for him!

We had a lady from Salt Lake come train us sisters at the Online Training Center for three days. Her name was Julia and let's just say, I am doing missionary work a whole lot differently because of her amazing counsel. She was a blessing.

We have been more focused on planning with the Holy Ghost, Sister Raymond and I prayed more fervently on who we needed to see during daily planning. And trusted the spirit more to direct us. Amazingly, we ended up getting return appointments from 3 partmember/less active families in one day. What a blessing it was. I thank God for every good thing! I know that God lives and He can direct us in all that we do! Nothing feels better than knowing that you are being led by the spirit and accomplishing what the Lord wants. I love Him and my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for Christ's Atonement to help me for when I fall short. In His Sacred name, Amen!

Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi