Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Kia Ora Whanau!
We had our last Zone Conference and interviews with President Cummings. We also had Stake conference in Rotorua. 

This week was the best week of spiritual boostment. Especially because of Zone Conference. Last week, I was praying for so many things. "Heavenly Father, please help me strengthen my desire to be healthier and move faster in the mornings" "Please help me teach the Restoration more simply" "Please help me have a change of heart & mind as I feel spiritually weak" Every training we had was an answer to my prayers! We had a training on the best workouts to do in the mornings, a training on The Restoration and how powerful it is even when sharing it in a couple sentences, and a training on receiving immediate blessings through being obedient. I felt so much love and more strength to do the work here in Taupo.

We went door-knocking this week, of course, (Sister Sapoi's favorite...) It was a miracle that my companion was actually non-resistent to it this week! I love her Haha! We went down a street we chose (after praying to know where to go of course) The street we chose turned out to be all Airbnb's and vacation homes... 6 houses in a row, no one was home. Then we saw a vacation home that was being refurbished and a sliding door was wide open, we walked towards it and met a painter named Jason. He doesn't own the home, he was just doing his job painting. Spoke to him about the area, where he's from, etc. Then we told him who we are and what we do and said "we share messages that bring peace and comfort during trials, would you be interested?" And he mentioned that for the past month he's been thinking and wondering how to come closer and knowing more about God. He's been through rough stuff alright. No doubt we chose that street to be led to him. We bore our testimonies, & left him with a pamphlet and our number. Sister Sapoi and I felt joy! I love finding and seeing knew people, & I was filled with joy that Sister Sapoi can feel the happiness that comes from finding!
I know God Lives, He answers your specific questions. He listens to every prayer. Christ lives and gives me strength through the enabling power of His Atonement. I have a testimony of immediate blessings that come after repenting and being obedient. Hallelujah!
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi