Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Kia Ora Whanau!
So much has happened in one week!
It was transfer week and we had another missionary stay with us , Sister Parkin, for a few days so we were in a Trio! It was so much fun and we taught a lot of people and it felt great having an extra witness with us. Sister Parkin taught me how I could show more appreciation and enjoy the little things more. And I am still in Taupo!

Rangimarie's baptism was on Saturday! It was the most unusual baptism but it was very special. I've been teaching Marie since the beginning of Feburary, we definitely had so many ups and downs. Along with the lessons, we cried, laughed, sang, read, cried again. I've seen Heavenly Father's hand countless of times in her life. I feel true joy seeing people change for the better, all because of our Savior Jesus Christ. That's my favorite part being on a mission, seeing the gospel bless others, watching them recognize how much Heavenly Father loves them, seeing them receive peace and comfort from Christ's Atonement. All Glory to God!!! This is true happiness! Oh how much I love our Father in Heaven and my brother Jesus Christ. I get emotional reflecting on her journey of coming unto Christ. I know God lives I know Christ lives and I can never deny it.
Anyways, she was baptized in Turangi, they dont have a font there so after opening the program at the chapel,  we moved to the Tokaanu Hotel. The President of the branch owns the hotel, Marie was baptized on a rainy day out in the Hotel's hot pool. What was amazing that the sun started shining right when she rose out of the water. And when she was done changing and came outside again, there was a rainbow!!! Of course we sang When I am Baptized. And the lyrics were perfect on that day! "I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain. And ponder on the beauty of an Earth made clean again. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain..." ♡ we finished the program inside at the hotel's bar.
The next day was her confirmation & I forgot to tell her how she was going to receive the Holy Ghost, you should have seen her face when all the men started circling around her and placing their hands on her head... Haha. But her grandfather gave the most beautiful blessing.  Afterwards, she bore her testimony (fast and testimony meeting). It was the most genuine and sincere testimony,  what was amazing was that her parents were there. And they have been less active for years and years, and I know that they have felt the spirit that sacrament meeting.

Please. Please Notice the blessings He gives you. Notice Him. and if you cant think of a Time He's been there, kneel down and ask him. Call out His name. I promise you He is there always. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi