There was an earthquake at 3:30 in the morning on Tuesday! I was shaken awake and heard the dresser and things on the wall clatter from the tremor. Funny story, I fell asleep that night & it was the first time I forgot to say my prayers before bed, so my half asleep brain thought it was the devil shaking me, and that he got a grasp on me just because I forgot to say my nightly prayer. Frightened, I quickly started asking Heavenly Father for forgiveness, pleading to Him to save me. Then in the middle of my prayer, I felt a tap and my companion said "Did you feel that earthquake?!" And I was like "oh.......yes." I felt kind of dumb thinking it was an evil spirit shaking the room instead Haha. But my companion and I were still "shook" and didn't go to sleep after that for about an hour. Lesson learned, don't forget to say your prayers before night-night.
I had a sweet tender experience this week. We met a little 5 yr old girl named Mihi that someone we've been teaching nannies for. After our lesson, she stayed around us and was looking at the picture of Jesus we had. She then looked at me and asked "Who is that?" I told her who He was, and that He was her Big Brother who died for all of us. She asked "Why did He kill himself?" I chuckled & said it was because He loved us so much that He was willing to give His life for us. (Trying my best to answer her in the most simple way, for a 5 yr old yo understand) I then told her that He is always there beside her and that she can always talk to Him. And she continued to ask so many sincere questions. I've never seen such a young child so interested in Christ, she was soaking in everything I was saying, believing every word I told her and trusting me (a total stranger) so easily. She asked questions like "How can He listen to you if you can't see him?" "How does He know me?" "Is He in the Sky?" "If He is God's son, How did he come to Earth?" She was one smart lil girl. After answering a dozen questions, I gave her the picture of Jesus and wrote his name on the back. She then told me that she couldn't read but I "should put a heart next to His name, so that He knows you love Him." I obeyed her precious request, drew a heart, and gave the picture back to her. She stared at it, stared at me, then put the picture right next to my badge (they were the same size). Then pointing to my badge, she said "Is that so you can always remember Him?" My heart melted and told her "Yes! Yes, it is! But how did you know that? I thought you couldn't read?" She just laughed. I understand why Jesus tells us that we should become as little children. To be meek, humble, & full of love. To trust in Him as easily as Mihi trusted my words. I'm a little sad to know that she was brought up in a home without the comforting knowledge of our Savior. But I am beyond happy that I was given the opportunity to share my testimony with her. It was something I really needed during that time. I felt my Savior's love throughout that whole experience. I know that Mihi felt the spirit as well, even at her young age. Christ lives and he loves you. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amine.


