Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Nawton, Hamilton

I am now serving in the Nawton, Hamilton area! It was really hard to say goodbye to those in Taupo. I grew to love the people there so much. But I am excited to know what Hamilton has in store for me.

Well, it is where most of the family connections are of course. Attending church for the first time was amazing! Everyone we meet would say "Oh! Welcome to the ward Sister- *glances at nametag* ... WIHONGI?!" and then we would chat and they all would tell me how they had a crush on Uncle Jody, was bullied by Uncle Scott (uncle scott you egg haha), admired Grandpa Barney, etc. and the conversation would end like this, "Well, I'll make sure we put you sisters down on the meal roster! Let's have a meal together this week!" and then my companion would tell me later, "Man, all these members never fed us before. oi oh eh!"

My new companion is Sister Meto! She is a shortie from Fiji! She is half Fijian and half Kiribati, and you don't want to mess with her. She is small but sassy, a true savage and likes to get into mischief. (She is Rocket Raccoon). It is Hilarious being her companion, she is also really pretty!

I am also called to the OTC (Online Training Center). When people go on the Church's website, they are given options to Chat with an online missionary, receive a free book of mormon/bible, request missionary visits, request online bible studies, and they all go to us. We often help people on their path to conversion over video calls! People from all over the world! The OTC has a goal of having 150 baptisms by the end of this year and they are already half way through. Yesterday, I had my first call with someone named Michael from Nigeria. He is currently going through a lot in his life and decided that God can help him. So he came on our website seeking for answers and also requested a bible. It's a miracle to witness the Lord's work hastening even more through technology. His work is going in a rapid pace, all over the world! The prophecy is being fulfilled and It won't be long till our Beloved Savior returns again, time is running out! His Church is true!

Within Nawton, there is a baptism coming up this saturday for a 12 yr old boy in a returning member family. There is a lot to do here which is lovely! The more work, the better!
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi