Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, July 7, 2019

I had exchanges this week and I was with Sister Taito in Rotorua. Sister Taito is my STL and she is from Fiji. We had a lot of teaching appointments and we read the Book of Mormon during many lessons. During exchanges, I learned how to give more meaningful promise blessings and to stop feeling fearful of high expectations. The Lord only asks for my best, and He will cover the rest. And I need to stop telling myself that my best is not enough. And that goes for you too.
This week we also got to meet our new mission President and his wife! President Erekson is from Boise Idaho, he is very funny and also very spiritual. I know he was called to New Zealand for a reason. After meeting with him with our district, he told all of us to "meet me at McDonald's, I'm buying all of you lunch." Haha so we got to know him more over lunch.
We have been seeing a nonmember, Lucy, who was found by the Elders ages ago. She wants to be baptized, she just has a hard time quitting smoking. We are going through the Addiction Recovery program with her. Lucy is very special and cares so much. She loves church and learning more about Christ, she has a strong testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon already. She has a talent of crocheting and knitting. She has knitted me and orange blanket and some slippers! I love her so much, and I'm amazed at how much she's changed and grown ever since learning about the gospel.
My companion and the other sisters surprised me with a cake for my "6 months" or one-third of being out on the mission. It made me realize how fast time is going, and that I need work even harder because time is running out! I don't want to take this time I have to share the gospel for granted. There is no place I'd rather be than out here and serving the Lord. I know He lives. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi

Also thank you Auntie Heather and Uncle Scott!♡