Kia Ora Whanau!
This week we walked by a bus stop and a man who was rolling up his cigarette stopped us and asked what the 10 commandments were because he had forgotten. So we sat beside him and showed him a way that he can memorize the 10 commandments using hand gestures. It was a nice unexpected teaching moment. The man then said that he is fearful that what if he accidentally kills someone while trying to defend himself or what if he accidentally breaks a commandment? He then got up and left really quickly, and I feel sad that I couldn't tell him that God would not condemn him if he accidentally breaks a commandment. That God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He knows the thoughts and intents of our hearts, and He wouldn't punish us for something like that. It makes me sad that people have a fear of God and don't know much about His loving character. I know that He is our loving Father, and that He wants us to live with Him again. That is why He gave us His Begotten son. How great is the love of God, the fruit of the Tree of Life!
It's been a nice week, we taught a 9 year old girl about prayer. She was very interested in God and wanting to speak to Him. It gives me true joy being able to help someone start a relationship with their Father in Heaven.
I love being a missionary!
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi


