Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Kia Ora Whanau! It's been a crazy week!
We had exchanges, a lesson with a sweet woman who wants to get rebaptized, had an interesting phone call with an awesome friend in the Dominican Republic, met a nonmember who comes to church with her husband and she is very sweet! She is starting to see God in her life and she is seeing miracles as well. I can't wait to teach her more, she and her two little girls are very special <3

This wednesday we have a finding fast. We are going to have breakfast with our district in the morning and then open a fast for us to be able to find those who are prepared to hear the gospel. We are also going to be just doing straight finding the whole day for 11 hours. From 10am to 9pm. We will doorknock, street contact, referral seeking, go to where people are, etc. I'm excited! We definitely need to find more people to teach, and to help them come unto Christ! Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not excited to be adding numbers to our church, I'm not doing this because I am told to, nor am I finding people just to keep me busy. I chose to come on a mission to let others know that they are not alone. That there is someone who understands, someone who knows exactly how they are feeling. I want to share the joy that His gospel brings. Many people don't know that they can be with their family forever, that there is life after death, that they have a purpose here on Earth. That they can receive eternal happiness by living and keeping God's commandments, instead of relying on the temporal happiness that the world gives. That is why I am excited.

Saturday was my birthday and guess what happened?? I got into a car wreck!! Yayyy!!!... It was so scary. but we are safe. I felt so bad and sad afterwards, when we got everything settled and headed back to our flat, the Rototuna Sisters surprised me for my birthday! It was so cute! Then I went to my online shift, came back to the flat again and even more sisters surprised me! They are the best. I love them so much!! We had dinner with a member that night and they took us out to eat and I had my favorite food, Kimchi Ramen! They didn't even know it was my birthday and they were shocked, inspired by Heavenly Father! Haha. Then later that night, I needed to pick something up from the chapel and when I walked in, my whole district surprised me! This was so crazy, I didn't know anyone would know about my birthday. Anyways, it was a day filled with tender mercies and love and support. My companion is so sweet and spoiled me as well. I felt so undeserving for many things, I nearly cried a hundred times through that day.

Anyways, this week I invite you to join us in this fast. To fast for those who are in need of peace and comfort Christ's Atonement brings. If that's too much then please reach out to someone and tell them you love them. Christ lives and so does our Father in Heaven <3

Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi