Scripture
"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Kia Ora Whanau!
Alot has happened this week. We went to a powhiri at a Marae in Frankton. Met a lot of lovely people. Had dinner with a Fijian family and their little 3 and 4 yr old babies wouldn't stop kissing and hugging mine and my companion's head. It was so cute. I would show them the prayer tie (an object activity for kids to understand prayer more) and after every sentence I finished, the little fijian girl would smile so big and shout praises and then grab my face and kiss me. Whenever there would be just a small split second pause, she would do that. So many kisses and hugs! The parents would growl their kids for being too loving!! Haha it was a tender mercy for me. Oh how i wish I could show just a portion of amount of love these little Fijian babies showed unto me. Precious♡
We had our Finding Fast this Wednesday, and this is an experience from that day:
Sister Raymond and I were doorknocking all morning. We went down a street and did every door on one side. Each person we met said they were not interested or that they were fine. No luck was happening the first couple hours but it was a pleasant time. Despite many rejections, Sister Raymond is joyful and makes the work easier. Anyways, we started to door knock the otherside of the street. We were about halfway through when I said "How about we just do 'inspired doorknocking'? It's going to the houses that stand out to you. Houses that the the spirit prompts you to go to." As soon as I said that, we walked by a baby blue house and I was looking at it and thought, "This house! I feel good about this one" and when I was just about to open my mouth to Sister Raymond, she said "Let's go to the blue house! They have a baby!" Seeing that we both had the same inspiration to knock this house, we were excited. We walked up to it, knocked on it. No answer. Knocked again. No answer. Knocked a third time. No one came to the door. We heard someone inside but they weren't answering. Sister Raymond and I looked confused, why did we feel prompted to go to this house but they are ignoring us? We were about to walk away when Sister Raymond said "Are we really just going to leave this house?!" Sooooo we started yelling out "Kia Ora!!! Anybody here?!" And a woman came out from here backyard and she was very happy and kind. Her name was Juanita and has a 6 month old baby. We got to know her a bit and asked if were able to share a message to her that can strengthen her new and young family. She agreed and we were able to exchange information. The miracle was being led to her and feeling that we were unified as a companion. I would have never experienced this miracle without Sister Raymond's stubbornness of not leaving the house when we felt ignored. So I am thankful for her and for the gift of the Holy Ghost. Hoorah for Israel. Christ lives and He leads us to the elect, those who are in need. This is His work and I am blessed to be a small part of it. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Arohanui,
Sister Wihongi


