Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Kia Ora Whanau!
I told my President this week, "President. Please. Can i just have my companions for longer  than 1 transfer?! please!" He just laughed. Welp, this transfer I departed from my beyonce tongan companion, Sister Masima. She was my older sister that I've never had. I will miss her. And now I have a tiny fakasesele Tongan companion, Sister Fotu. She is fiesty and you don't want to underestimate her. But her testimony is so strong and powerful. I love her so much. I am so blessed to have many companions because they each have unique gifts and strengths that I learn from. I love them all so much!!! I am learning a lot of Tongan... sorry mum and dad. I will return home knowing more Tongan than Maori..
The work is kind of slow right now. Of course with the virus going around. We aren't on lockdown but This week was kind of hard not going to lie. It's hard to get into doors when they say "Sorry, we won't accept visitors or people in our home when the virus is going around." ( <-- True story. But they said we are welcome back when the virus calms down...) But of course, the Lord always provides a way for His work to continue. The biggest miracle this week was when a partmember family agreed to go to the Church History Museum with us. (This family has had the missionaries over for years now. The Father and daughters are the nonmember while the mum was a convert. We were trying to think of more creative ways to share the gospel with him because he's already had the lessons over and over and we wanted "a change in scenery". So the museum came to our mind.) Anyways, it was amazing being at the museum with them! They are maori and learned a lot and it related to them. The father was really interested in the stories of how the restored gospel came to New Zealand and he was more interested in the Restoration that night. Throughout the tour, i was praying really hard in my heart that he may feel the spirit and recognize this is the true church and this is where he belongs. I was praying and praying and i felt the spirit whisper to me "it is okay, I am preparing him and he will accept."
It felt so warm and I held in my tears because i was going to cry. I could see him and his daughters dressed in white. I love them so much. I thank Heavenly Father for allowing me to be part of their journey. I will continue to try my best to help them come unto Christ. That was an amazing experience hopefully i will not forget. My past companions (My daughters) also surprised me by being at the museum too and also with my favorite Tongan Family in my past area! My heart was filled with so much joy reuniting with loved ones. I pray that i will stay and finish my mission here in New Zealand.
We had sacrament at the Rutenes, i love how it is more intimate, we shared testimonies and everyone was overcome with the spirit. Be safe and stay healthy and wise
Ofa atu,
Sister Wihongi






Ran into a relative, Colby Osborne daughter of Strantz & Vicki Wihongi