Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Frankton & Nawton, Hamilton During COVD19 Lockdown

Kia Ora everyone,
you wont believe what happened! Well, this week we received news that all foreign missionaries will be sent home to be released/reassigned. I received travel plans to leave on Sunday. (After we were on lockdown with the Ngaruawahia Sisters in lockdown) Sunday, we gathered to get on the bus to go to the airport, put my suitcases in the trailer, but my Mission President pulled me to the side and asked "How bad do you want to stay?" And I said "really bad" So he called the Area Presidency, showed them my New Zealand passport and asked him if I could stay. The Area Presidency approved right then and there. So I am allowed to stay and finish my mission here in NZ! It was a miracle and a tender mercy. I want to work 1000x more harder to thank Heavenly Father for giving me a second chance go work for the next 3 months.♡ because I wasn't ready to go home. I felt like I took my time being a missionary for granted, I wasn't satisfied with the work I've done so far because I knew I could have done better. For me to receive this second chance means so much to me. Don't worry I'll be home in 3 months!!! And in those 3 months, I will work harder than ever before!

This was a miracle and now I am in Limbo. Waiting until everyone returns home so I can get a companion and area. It's crazy. Just waiting and staying inside. And it breaks my heart departing with some of my closest friends. But I trust in God and know they are in good hands. I will miss them so much. But I thank my family for supporting me with this decision. I love you all!
Ofa atu
Sister Wihongi