Scripture

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Yesterday afternoon, a hymn popped into my mind, Hymn 270 "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go." It kept replaying over and over in my mind throughout the day. When finally, yesterday evening, I received a call that I would most likely be on a plane today. When receiving the news, the song came to my mind again and I felt immediate peace.

"It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle’s front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I’ll go where you want me to go.

I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I’ll be what you want me to be."

I always dreaded having a phone call like this, I was set in my mind that I would not return home early throughout this whole pandemic.(I had NZ citizenship after all and was convinced i was staying haha). But this song helped me understand that the Lord always has a plan for me, even though "it may not be [preaching the gospel] at the battle's front" anymore. From now on when He calls me to different paths, I hope I will not complain but answer with my hand in His, "I'll go where you want me to go."
I'm so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knew me enough to prepare me for that call. He has always comforted me this way on my mission, through Hymns. I always feel so undeserving and yet He shows me mercy. I know Christ, our Savior, lives. This is His work, therefore, He knows what He is doing. He sees the beginning, the in between, and the end. I am humbled to know that He allowed me to be a small part of this work. Kia Kaha & Ofa Atu. I say this in His sacred name, Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Sister Wihongi